You are an aspiring iPhone application developer and you are eager to display your app in front of the world. So what are the steps that can help you with putting up the apps? This article would be dealing with the ways you would be able to post the apps.
The app store at the moment is flooded with more than 850000 apps and only a few have made it to the top of the chart. Your brainchild would be competitive with more than a million apps fighting against you. If you want your app to stand out in the crowd, it is much advisable to hire an iPhone application developer.
Being a developer, you will always have to keep in mind that selling an iPhone app for a larger audience it has to be promoted in a big way. So let's start it from the beginning.
So if you are absolutely new to iPhone apps, the following lines would help you to know about the apps in a brief.
Requirement for creating your own app:
- The first and the foremost tool to develop an app in the iPhone is a Mac OS system such as the Mac Mini, the iMac, or the MacBook. No app can be developed for the app store through a MAC OS emulator for Windows or Linux.
- You would be able to join the iPhone developer program absolutely free of any charge. Joining this program would help in accessing the SDK and the XCode quite easily, which you have to download to your MAC machine. You will have the emulator bundled with the SDK where you would be able to test most of the apps except the ones which requires the hardware like the camera or the GPS system.
- You may also be able to pay $ 99 for the developer program which will help you to install iPhone or iPad. The payment option would also give you the chance to access the beta version or earlier versions of the SDK.
- Now all you need is the iPhone development certificate. This can be done through Public Key Encryption. Apple uses the digital certificates for the prevention of the apps which are run by iPad / iPod / iPod touch. Only the registered iPhone developer would be able to create a certificate. Based on the certificate the app gets installed on the specific Apple devices.
- A public key encryption becomes a necessity for the creating a valid app. You have to run a Key Chain Access app on your Mac. This will help in generating a Certificate Signing request. You have to upload it to the iPhone Developer's program portal and get the certificate.
- An intermediate access is also to be downloaded and both of the Key Chain accesses have to be downloaded at the same time.
- You have to register your iPhone as the testing device. Following the registration you have to register this application.
- Now you have both the application id and device id to generate a provisioning profile on the Apple website. It gets downloaded to your XCode to run the app on the iPhone.
Putting it in the App Store
It has to be kept in mind that only the large companies having over 500 employees or the institutes teaching iPhone applications are able to distribute the apps in a larger scale. For normal people to distribute the apps, you have to follow two ways. Either you have to send it through the App store or by impromptu distribution.
The way for Ad-hoc distribution is to make copies of mobile application in the iPhone devices and help with distribution to 1000 other devices. You have to get a certificate. You have to run the Key Chain access and generate certificate signing request.
Next you have to go to the Apple's developer's portal and get yourself a distribution certification. It has to be downloaded to the existing XCode available in your machine to create a Distribution Provisioning Profile.
For submission process, create a checklist of your own which can help you with the total process:
- Few paragraphs and a list of descriptive words which can make it found in the app store.
- Three icons of variable sizes including 29 X 29, 57 X 57 as well as 512 X 512 dpi.
- The launch image which should be used while the app is loading.
- Some screen shots which would help the users give the first look of the app.
- Do not forget to include the contact information of your organization.
Now when you are actually ready, you have to do the submitting through the iTunes connect website. You now just have to select a price. All you need is to wait and pray for your app to get submitted. There are several reasons the app might not get submitted. Here are a few:
- There might be a feeble chance, that your app would be taken as a pornographic medium.
- Your app crashes a lot.
- It is a malicious app.
- It might use a private API.
Try to avoid these blunders for your app to get posted. The app stores have the track record of posting 95% of the submission within 14 days. Try the above mentioned points and submit your apps. Happy submission!